Plenty of companies understand the value of search advertising. And it can certainly generate real returns! But it has its limitations. Specifically, if people aren’t searching for your product or service – either because they don’t know it exists or don’t realize they need it – search ads won’t do much to move the needle for you.
With these potential customers, you need to generate awareness. That’s the point of display advertising, or banner ads. They might seem silly, but savvy advertisers know how to use them to generate results.
- Google’s Display Network has more than 2 million sites and more than 650,000 apps, and reaches more than 90% of people across the internet (Google, SEMrush)
- The average cost of a text ad on Google’s Search Network is $2.32 per click, versus less than 58¢ per click for an ad on the Display Network (Wordstream)
- Nearly 70% of consumers will look for a retailer they know when deciding what to click on
- In one study, retargeted ads led to a 1,046% increase in branded search, and a 726% increase in site use (Digital Information World)
It is possible for companies of any size to leverage this opportunity. And it’s a lot more affordable than you think. Meridius Digital can use Google’s targeting technology to grow awareness with the right people.
- Demographic and interest targeting – Don’t waste time showing your ad to people who would never be interested in you! Get your ad in front of users who fit the right profile.
- Local and time-based targeting – Show your ad around the world 24/7, or in a single zip code for 15 minutes per week. It all depends on your business objectives.
- Retargeting – If users came to your site but didn’t convert, use display ads to invite them back for a return visit.
Display ads can be a powerful tool in your digital marketing arsenal. Contact us and we’ll set you up.